How Do I Add My Newborn or New Child To My Health Insurance?

Congratulations on your new family member! The Health Plan cannot move you from a Self Only or Self Plus One Policy.  You have to work directly with your employer to change your insurance plan type They have to process the change as they will be  taking your share of the insurance premium out of your paycheck.

To  make the change  you will need the three digit code of the plan that you are enrolling in. The codes for the APWU Health Plans  are  on the cover of our plan brochure.  You can download our brochure from our website here.  You can request a brochure online here or by calling us directly at 1-800-222-2798.

Changes to insurance are typically made during Open Season. If you have a qualifying life event you can make changes outside of outside of the normal time frame. Your employer may require proof that you are within 60 days of your qualifying life event (such as a birth certificate, adoption paperwork, etc). When you submit the insurance change you may need to include copies of these official documents.

Employees have 60 days from their qualifying life event to change their insurance coverage. If you miss this deadline you may have to wait until the insurance Open Season to change your coverage.

You should contact your payroll office to make your insurance change as soon as possible!